Monday, October 6, 2008

What a Weekend!

Parker enjoying carrots.

Well, I had a ton of things I wanted to get accomplished this weekend and I barely got anything done. I woke up Saturday morning, excited that it was a beautiful October day, ready to run errands and get my Halloween decorating started...none of it happened. It took me 6 hours of trying to get out of the house before I finally gave up! It was just one of those days...Parker was "not happy" every time I tried to get out the door. It isn't worth the extra effort to me to take any unhappy baby with me to run errands. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of. One minute he was happy, but as soon as I started to get him bundled up, the whole world stopped. It was SO FRUSTRATING. My nerves were completely shot. By 6:00 that evening, I finally had to ask Phillip to stop working on his porch project (yes, he is still doing that) and take over watching Parker because I needed a drink - the alcoholic kind! Sunday was much better. It rained most of the day, so Phillip ran errands with Parker and I. It was nice having an extra set of hands, but it was really nice just hanging out as a family. We don't get to spend a whole day together often because Phillip is really trying to get the porch as far along as possible before the ton of snow comes in. I still didn't get much accomplished this weekend, but at least I got to hang out with my little family.


No comments: