Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Paper Art

I am constantly amazed and envious of other people's talents. As I was reading some of my favorite blogs this past week, Design*Sponge and Decor8, I came across these amazing pieces that I just had to share with you.

I discovered Justine Smith on Decor8. Justine is a British artist that used paper currency as her design medium. At first glance, these flowers are so intricate that you would swear that these are real. I can not even imagine how much patience and care went into making these delicate buds. Justine must have nerves of steal and a very steady hand to be able to cut and design something this beautiful.
(image from Decor8)

On Design*Sponge I discovered Zoe Bradley. This woman is AMAZING!! Zoe is a sculptural artist that creates the most beautiful dramatic silhouettes I have ever seen. And they are created from paper!! Among the many beautiful projects Zoe has created, some of what I found the most interesting is the amazing window installations for Missoni, Donna Karan, and Harrods (to name a few).







(images from Design*Sponge and Zoe Bradley)

No comments: