Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Video Wednesday


(Silent Sigh - Badly Drawn Boy)

One of my top 5 movies of all time is About a Boy with Hugh Grant. Not only does it have great music from Badly Drawn Boy, but the story is so sweet and funny. It isn't the normal boy/girl story, but rather a story between a man and a little boy and how they have such a strong impact on each other's lives. I never tire of watching this movie - it makes me laugh, cry, and always puts me in a great mood. Definitely Hugh's best movie ever. If you have not seen it, I strongly suggest renting it soon and let me know what you think.

If you haven't seen the movie, you might wonder what the deal is about the duck in the video. The duck is in the scene in the movie where Hugh Grant and the little boy actually bond for the first time. The boy, Marcus, throws a loaf of bread that his mother made (she is a very "organic" and "natural grain" type of mother that happens to be a bit kooky) into the pond. The bread is so heavy, that it knocks out and drowns the duck that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The scene is hilarious and very witty. Anyway, the fact that the duck is in this video cracks me up (this song was one of the songs from the movie if you haven't figured it out by now). I guess that duck comes out a winner in the end.

1 comment:

Jen H. said...

This movie is hysterical, and I love the book by Nick Hornby. I've always said that for my dream dinner with a celebrity, I'd like to hang out with him and talk about books and music and parenthood. In the movie, I love that the mom pours a bowl of cereal called "Ancient Grains." It cracks me up every time. And agreed -- the song is genius too. It seems to fit just about any mood I'm in.