Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Etsy

Sometimes, when Parker is taking a nap, I spend a few minutes browsing Etsy. I am obsessed with Etsy. If you are interested in unique, handmade items then Etsy is the place to go. Every time I browse this site I get so frustrated. There are so many talented people out there and I am not one of them. It is so frustrating to have an eye for design yet lack the knowledge and skill to make anything of it. It is my own fault. I never learned how to sew or sketch. It is something I have always inteded on doing, but have not yet gotten around to it. Shame on me!

I found Vicky Riley on Etsy and immediately fell for her adorable little clutch bags. They are so sweet and vintage styled! I could totally see these selling in my fave store, Anthropologie. If I ever get to fulfill my dream of owning my own shop, I would definitely want to carry these bags made by Vicky.

The pleating reminds me of something the women in the 40's would wear. Check out Vicky's other adorable bags at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=59437. For more fantastic Etsy, go to http://www.etsy.com/.

No comments: