Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Video Wednesday - Iron & Wine, Boy with a Coin


As I promised, I will make up for missing out on so many Video Wednesday's this month. I mentioned earlier Iron & Wine, so I thought I would choose another one of their video's. I absolutely LOVE the flamenco dancing in this! It goes beautifully with the song which is interesting since flamenco dancing usually goes with much more "choppy" sounding Spanish guitar. What I love most about flamenco dancing is the fact that most of the time, the accomplished dancers and mature, full-figured women. You rarely see skinny ballerina or hip-hop types in their early 20's. Flamenco dancing is all about showing off the woman's curves and sensuality. If you have never seen flamenco dancing in person, I strongly recommend it. Years back, when I lived in Santa Fe, a friend of mine studied flamenco and she would give my friends and I private shows. She was amazing! You can not be a timid women and be great at flamenco...you have to have power and guts to show the passion that flamenco requires. I think that is why I love it so much. Maybe one day, I will be lucky enough to learn it myself...after my long list of other things I want to learn. (Sigh)

No comments: