Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sewing Class


I thought that I would give you all an update on how my sewing class is going. Let's just say that I am hanging in there, but it is definitely causing me more stress at this time rather than enjoyment. With the age that Parker is right now, I am having a hard time keeping up with the "assignments". The only time I can really devote to sewing is when he takes a nap...and I have to share that time with eating, showering, cleaning house, blogging, etc...you get the picture. Tonight is the 5th class so far. I missed last week's class since I didn't have a chance to get my pattern pieces cut out (which I am still working on). We are starting work on our selected beginner's project. I selected a pair of toddler PJ's. I figured Parker is growing like a weed and can use the PJ's. Plus, if they are hideous, it won't matter because only Phillip and I will see them. I found this cute fabric with a Pirate theme for his first pair. I am struggling with cutting the fabric. I don't know if it is the scissors, my lack of knowledge, that I am left handed, or a combination of all three, but it is taking me FOREVER to cut the fabric! I mean FOREVER!! It is so frustrating. Come to think of it, when I was a little girl, my mother would sometimes have me try and cut her patterns out for her...I was never very good at it...always chopping up the fabric. Hopefully I can get all of the pieces cut out before tonight's class or my mean Hungarian teacher will yell at me in front of everyone (unfortunately, I am not joking about that).

No comments: