Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Never Ending Quest for the Perfect Light


I found a light on 1st Dibs that is almost 100% of what I am looking for. It is large enough to hold it's own compared to my other large light fixture in the adjoining room (18" h x 24" w). It is ornate, but not too feminine. I am sure it is out of our budget. Lights like this usually are...that is the problem I am running into. The larger the light, the more it costs (naturally). But it never hurts to ask, so I am waiting to hear back from the shop and see if maybe I am lucky and the dealer is pricing this light below what his competitors are pricing. I am not holding my breath.

I found this light on 1st Dibs as well. Again, I have no idea what the price is yet. If the first light is too much, I might inquire about this one. It is completely different from what I really want, but I think this sort of light could achieve the aesthetic that I am looking for. I have to think about it for a while.

I just can't believe how many lights I have looked at. I have looked EVERYWHERE - Craigslist (all boring), eBay (reproduction chandeliers...a route I can go when I am ready to give up my quest) - I still haven't made it to local antique shops, which I have been told are great around this area. It is hard to shop in those sort of shops with a stroller. Sooner or later, I will get to that if I need to. If you have any suggestions, please share.

No comments: