Thursday, April 9, 2009

Macy's 2009 Flower Show

Earlier this week, I took Parker to the Macy's Annual Flower Show. This is an event that Macy's hosts every year at the beginning of Spring. I attended the event every year when I lived in San Francisco and it was always quite magical - flowers falling from the ceiling, creating beautiful sculptures...the show in Minneapolis was very pretty, but not quite as fanciful and over the top as the San Francisco show. However, the first garden was very pretty with the flamingo topiary and pretty pink tulips and ferns.


The flower show was held on the eighth floor of the downtown department store. As soon as we stepped out of the elevator, the amazing scent of all of the flowers hit us. I had never smelled anything quite like it. It smelled so good.





I think it would be so fun to merchandise a show like this. Some of the details that were included in the gardens were so charming...like the little cat sleeping in his garden. It reminded me of the cats I had growing up, always laying in the sun.






No comments: