Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rug Sale at West Elm

Rugs are so expensive, so I thought I would make sure you knew about the rug sale going on at West Elm - in case you needed a rug. The sale is 20% off all rugs. They have a few styles, mostly modern and ethnic in styling. But with a bit of imagination, at least one rug in the selection will probably work with your decor. The ones I selected below are some of my favorites from West Elm's selection.
The Alhambra Rug has a great modern Moroccan look to it! This is the type of rug I want to use for our master bedroom (when and if we ever get to that project! Sigh!) This style can be used in so many different types of decor - modern country, south west, modern, eco-chic, ethnic...
I am a firm believer that EVERY home has a spot that could use a zebra print rug. This style will go with EVERYTHING! I would snatch this one up if it was available in black and white as well as the brown and white you see above. I plan on using a zebra rug when we work on the guest room that will be decorated in pinks. The room will be ultra feminine, so the zebra rug will help tone the girlishness down a bit.

The Andalusia rug's design will also work with many different styles. I particularly think the red color is very nice and can think of a few friend's homes that the rug would look nice in. This rug also comes in the classic color palette brown and white.

If there wasn't so much snow outside my front door right now, I would consider this indoor/outdoor braided rug for our front porch. Phillip will be finished with the front porch project by the end of summer. With any luck, we will also have the front yard landscaped! But there is too much snow to think about this right now...

I am seriously considering this zig-zag rug for the upstairs hallway. I wanted something that had a zig-zag or chevron print. It has been difficult to find one that is small enough for the space I have. I also need one that is a flat weave since I have so many doors that open out into the hallway. The doors won't open over most rugs with a thicker pile. This rug would be perfect for me if it wasn't trimmed in red. I think it will still work though, seeing how red is my favorite color and I can't seem to help myself by adding pops of red in every room somehow. I really don't think I will find something better for the price. I will think about it over-night...

If you think you need a rug, check out the sale!

No comments: