Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dakota Fanning in the Next Twilight Movie?


Hmm...I am pretty happy that our little Dakota is considering the role as Jane in the next Twilight movie, New Moon. I am a huge fan of Dakota's. I think she is an amazing actress - and she is not even quite 15! But the role that they are considering her for, Jane, is such a small part in the book. It makes me wonder what direction Mr. Weitz is taking the movie. Since Dakota would undeniably be the BIGGEST and most RESPECTED actress in the entire cast (I love you Rob, but other than the one Harry Potter movie, you have not done much to be noticed other than be incredibly good-looking and have AWESOME hair!), I would like to think that Mr. Weitz will make her role in the second movie bigger than what it actually is in the book. Personally, I couldn't be happier about that! (SPOILER ALERT! If you have not read New Moon yet and want to, don't read the rest!) The second book is probably my least favorite of the entire series. I feel there is WAY TOO much Jacob in there and not enough Edward. We don't even get to read about Edward until the second half of the book, for the most part. Yuck! Jacob is way too juvenile for me to dedicate 200 pages. Clearly, I am "Team Edward". Dakota's character, Jane, is in the second half of the book with Edward in Italy. I am inclined to believe that the movie would focus more on that part...which means less Jacob. Yeah!

I am definitely interested to see what Chris Weitz is going to do with the next movie...and it will certainly help that he will have a much bigger budget for special effects. I don't think I could sit through another 2 hours of bad vampire make-up and poor special effects...come on! I could practically see the wire on the jumping and running scenes in the forest! Cut the cord all ready!!

No comments: