Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Video Wednesday...Special New Year's Edition

In the spirit of New Year, I thought I would make my own list of Top 5 Videos of 2008. I put a lot of thought into this list over the past week and it certainly was not easy to narrow them down and even more difficult to list them in order. In fact, every hour I change my mind...but enough is enough.

I didn't choose videos on the mere fact of whether or not I like the song. The video had to have something artistic or catchy or profound about it...or it just had to make me laugh. Whatever the reason, I hope you like my list. Tell me, what is yours?





VH1 TV Shows Music Videos Celebrity Photos News & Gossip
#5 - Leona Lewis - Better in Time: I love how the video goes back and forth between the black and white film and the colored film with black and white. The vividness of color in short blasts seems to match the intensity of the lyrics. I think it is a beautiful video and made me like the song.




VH1 TV Shows Music Videos Celebrity Photos News & Gossip

#4 - Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul?: I get so grossed out every time I see this video, but I can not help but watch it every time it is on. It is so disturbing but at the same time, so truthful when it comes to breaking up. I am sure each of us have felt this way at least once in our life time. I think this video is definitely unique.






VH1 TV Shows Music Videos Celebrity Photos News & Gossip

#3- Radiohead- All I Need: When I saw this video, I was left speechless and made me cry for a moment. I happened to see it for the first time on Christmas night, after Parker opened so many presents (too many, to be truthful) and I instantly felt guilty. The thought of any child having their innocence taken from them, no matter the circumstances, just breaks my heart.


#2- The Ting Tings- Shut Up and Let Me Go- not only is this a catchy song from one of my favorite new bands, but the video is so cool and unique. I absolutely love how the scene changes from the little heart-shaped window they make with their hands. I also love the martial arts scene. I think it is awesome that they are fighting each other and Kate totally kicks Jules' butt in his little red jeans.



#1- Katy Perry - Hot & Cold - I had posted this video all ready for Video Wednesday, but I had to post it again as my number one choice for the year.  I don't like Katy and this video is in no way thought provoking or original, but it totally cracks me up!  The song is too catchy to not turn up the volume and dance along.  And come on, the Bridezillas are classic on their little bicycles with smeared mascara.  That is video making at it's best!


1 comment:

Jen H. said...

Love the list. So eclectic! I don't know many videos, but one I might put on the list is Ben Folds and Regina Spektor, "You Don't Know Me." It's a funny, random video, and I love the song.