Thursday, November 20, 2008

Amy Butler Christmas

I discovered the coolest fabric store in town yesterday called Crafty Planet. They have the best selection of unique fabrics that I have ever seen. They carry a lot of fabrics from various indie textile designers. They also carry the most adorable selection of fabric for children - very vintage and very Tokyo Pop. I wish I would have known about this place when I was putting together Parker's bedroom. I would have spent a bundle!
I went there particularly for Amy Butler fabric. She has such amazing fabric - a great combination of traditional and modern, which is exactly the look I am working towards in our home. But I did not go there for a decorating project. I went there for a Christmas project. I bought the Mary Engelbreit Home Companion magazine the other day. Normally, this magazine hasn't been my sort of thing, but it had Amy Butler's home for Christmas on the cover. Amy decorated her house for Christmas EXACTLY the way I want to. So, of course, I had to get it. Surprisingly enough, she had some projects shown that you can download for free! I bought the fabric to make the tree forest for a table display. For this free pattern and more, check out Amy Butler.com. At the bottom left, you will find "Free Patterns". Select ME Holiday for Christmas ideas, but check out all of the free patterns. You never know what you find!


(image from Amy Butler Design.com)


No comments: