Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Long. Farewell.

I can not believe it! Joaquin announced in a surprising red-carpet interview that he is retiring from acting!! The movie Two Lovers, with Gwyenth Paltrow was his last movie. Joaquin says that ever since he learned how to play the guitar for his role as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line (excellent movie by the way. He should have won the Oscar), he has discovered that he has a passion for music and wants to pursue that. He is all ready working on a music project with front man Tim Burgess of The Charlatans UK. I am interested to hear what he will come out with...I am guessing it will be a bit moody and perhaps a bit like Jack White of the White Stripes. I only with that he would have won an Oscar one of the two times he was nominated. He always picked strange characters. I loved the darkness that he brought to them. Best of luck to you Joaquin! For more information, check out the brief interview here.

No comments: